Dr. Stefan Landzettel
Lawyer & Notary
Specialist for family law
Specialist for inheritance law
- Year of birth: 1967
- Studies off Law 1986 to 1991 in Frankfurt/M.
- 1st state examination: 1991
- Legal clerkship inter alia at the University of Administrative Sciences in Speyer, an international law firm in Brussels and the Competition Senate of the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt/M.
- 2nd state examination: 1995
- Doctorate: 1995 with dissertation on “Differences and similarities between German and European merger control law – a problem-oriented comparison”.
- Admission to the bar: 1995
- Specialized attorney for family law since 1999
- Specialist attorney for inheritance law since 2005
- 2008 Appointment as notary public
Main areas of expertise
Since joining the firm in 1995, his practice has focused on family and inheritance law.
In addition, Dr. Landzettel is also active in civil law (in particular: sales and service contract law, factoring).
The spectrum of his legal work in family law covers all relevant areas, but also peripheral areas.
Dr. Landzettel provides precautionary advice in “good times” by drafting suitable marriage contracts.
In the event of a crisis, he develops and negotiates suitable separation and divorce agreements.
If it is unavoidable, Dr. Landzettel quickly and purposefully enforces his clients’ rights to alimony, pension equalization, marital home and household effects, represents them in asserting custody and access rights, and accompanies them in protracted and difficult property disputes.
In addition, Dr. Landzettel represents his clients in divorce proceedings and all necessary subsequent proceedings (e.g. pension equalization, post-marital maintenance and equalization of gains).
In the FOCUS-SPEZIAL list of lawyers 2014, lawyer & notary Dr. Stefan Landzettel was named as a top lawyer in the field of family law.
Inheritance law is another focus of his legal work:
- Dr. Landzettel develops and plans solutions for business successions with his clients.
- He advises them on the drafting of wills, inheritance contracts and legacies for the purpose of succession planning and assists in the drafting of gift contracts in anticipation of the inheritance.
- He assists his clients in tax optimization for the purpose of avoiding unnecessary inheritance tax or gift tax.
- He represents his clients in inheritance certificate proceedings, in inheritance disputes, in the contestation of wills, the fulfillment of legacies and the assertion of or defense against claims to a compulsory portion.
In the field of civil law, Dr. Landzettel is primarily involved in the following areas:
- Law of sales and contracts for work and services
Here, he primarily represents several factoring companies, private schools and well-known car dealerships.
His notarial activities also focus on family and inheritance law. Here, Dr. Landzettel is available for consultation and notarizations in particular when it comes to
- marriage and partnership contracts
- Lasting powers of attorney
- care and living wills
- wills and inheritance contracts
- Settlement agreements
- Inheritance settlement contracts
In addition, Dr. Landzettel works as a notary in real estate and corporate law. He advises his clients mainly in the following areas:
Real estate law
- Real estate transactions
- Project developments and real estate financing
- Declarations of partition
- Property development contracts
- Leasehold contracts
- M&A transactions
- Incorporation of companies
- Amendments to the articles of association including capital increases and decreases
- General meetings
- Company agreements
- Commercial register applications
Attorney and notary Dr. Stefan Landzettel assists several companies, including stock corporations, in all notarial matters.
In the case of complex mandates, he regularly cooperates with experienced tax advisors and experts and, if required, also arranges appropriate contacts.
- Unterschiede und Gemeinsamkeiten des deutschen und europäischen Fusionskontrollrechts – ein problemorientierter Vergleich –; Peter Lang Verlag, Frankfurt 1995
- Die allgemeine Härteregelung des § 91 Abs. 2 Satz 2 BSHG in der aktuellen Rechtsprechung, FamRZ 2004, S. 1936 ff.
- Tod der armen Partei vor Prozesskostenhilfebewilligung im Scheidungsverfahren, FamRZ 2011, S. 345 f.
- Zusammen mit Herrn Dipl. Jur. und Rechtsreferendar Sebastian Knell: Unterhaltsanspruch nach § 1615 l BGB, Anmerkung zum Beschluss des OLG Köln vom 21.02.2017, 25 UF 149/16, Forum Familienrecht 2017, S. 374 ff.