Dr. Lenard Bock, LL.M. (London)
Lawyer & Notary
Specialist in family law
Specialist in commercial and corporate law
Europajurist (Univ. Würzburg)
Dr. Lenard Bock is a member of the Family Law Working Group of the German Bar Association (www.familienanwaelte-dav.de).
- Born in 1985
- “Other service abroad” at the Kaleo Secondary Technical School, Ghana (2004 – 2005)
- Studies of Law and “Accompanying Studies in European Law” at the Julius-Maximilians University of Würzburg (2005 – 2010)
- First state examination in law 2010
- Research assistant to Prof. Dr. Christoph Teichmann at the Chair of Civil Law, German and European Commercial and Corporate Law at the Julius-Maximilians University of Würzburg (2010 – 2013)
- Master’s degree (“LL.M.”) at the London School of Economics and Political Science in the field of “Corporate Law” (2011 – 2012)
- Doctorate at the Julius-Maximilians University of Würzburg in 2016 with a dissertation on a corporate law topic
- Legal clerkship at the District Court of Darmstadt (2013 – 2015)
- Second state examination: 2015
- Admission to the bar: 2015
- Lawyer in two large international commercial law firms in Frankfurt with a focus on corporate/M&A (2015 – 2017)
- Working in our law firm since 2018
- Successful passing of the notarial professional examination in 2020 (examination campaign 2019/II)
- Appointment as notary public: 2022
Main areas of expertise
The focus of Dr. Bock’s legal practice is very clearly on family law, commercial and corporate law and inheritance law.
Dr. Bock advises and represents his clients in all areas of family law. He represents his clients in divorce proceedings and all necessary subsequent proceedings, as well as in matters such as alimony and maintenance, custody or access rights. He advises on the drafting of prenuptial agreements and separation and divorce settlement agreements and represents the interests of his clients in negotiations of such agreements.
In the field of corporate law, Dr. Lenard Bock advises on all phases of a company’s life, from the formation phase to adjustments or fundamental revisions of articles of association and restructurings, to all questions of termination or sale of companies and the withdrawal of individual shareholders. He has extensive experience in advising start-ups, in particular with regard to incorporation, subsequent financing rounds, restructurings, joint venture and cooperation agreements, and the sale/exit of shareholdings. In addition, he represents clients in shareholder disputes or in liability issues of managing directors and board members.
In the field of inheritance law, Dr. Lenard Bock represents clients in litigation concerning inheritance and in defending or asserting claims to a compulsory portion. He advises clients on the preparation of wills and inheritance contracts.
In addition to these main areas, he advises and represents clients in general civil and contract law.
As a notary, Dr. Bock is active in the entire range of notarial activities. Here he is available for consultation and notarizations in particular:
- Formation of companies (drafting and – if necessary – notarization of the articles of association, registration of the company in the commercial register).
- Amendments to the articles of association in all respects, including capital increases and decreases.
- Transformations (in particular mergers, spin-offs, spin-offs, but also all other transactions under transformation law).
- Advice on and notarization of sale and purchase agreements (SPAs)
- Notarization of shareholders’ meetings
- Drafting, notarization and registration of company agreements
- Commercial register applications of all kinds
Family and inheritance law:
- Marriage and partnership contracts
- Advance health care directives
- Last wills and inheritance contracts
- Applications for inheritance certificates
- (Inheritance) settlement agreements among co-heirs
- Transfer agreements within the framework of anticipated succession
Real estate law:
- Agreements for purchase and transfer of land and apartments
- Real estate financing such as land charge and mortgage
- Declarations of division of condominiums
- Property development contracts
- Leasehold contracts
His international training and his transactional experience from his work in leading international law firms also enable him to provide comprehensive advice in English and on matters with cross-border implications. Dr. Bock also advises and represents his clients in particular in family and inheritance law matters with an international dimension.
Dr. Lenard Bock regularly publishes in recognized professional journals on topics within his areas of specialization.
- Company Hijacking im Vereinigten Königreich, ZIP 2012, 2449-1452
- Der Harmonisierungserfolg der Publizitätsrichtlinie – Eine Untersuchung am Beispiel der Umsetzung in Deutschland und im Vereinigten Königreich, Nomos 2016
- Verknüpfung der Handels- und Gesellschaftsregister in Europa, GmbHR 2018, 281-289
- Online-Gründung und Digitalisierung im Gesellschaftsrecht – Der Richtlinienvorschlag der Europäischen Kommission, DNotZ 2018, 643-661
- Schenkung von Kommanditanteilen an minderjährige Kinder – Zugleich Anmerkungen zu den Beschlüssen des OLG Brandenburg v. 16. 7. 2019 – W 53/17, OLG Oldenburg v. 17. 7. 2019 – W 53/19 und OLG Schleswig v. 27. 1. 2020 – 15 WF 70/19 –, DNotZ 2020, 643-653
- Online-Gründung von GmbHs und veränderte Registerpublizität – der Entwurf eines Gesetzes zur Umsetzung der Digitalisierungsrichtlinie, RNotZ 2021, 326-337
- Anmerkung zu BGH, Beschl. v. 11.3.2021 – V ZB 127/19 (Familiengerichtliche Genehmigung bei Grundstücksüberlassung unter Nießbrauchsvorbehalt), notar 2021, 339-340
- Reform des Vormundschafts- und Betreuungsrechts – Auswirkungen auf Verträge zur vorweggenomen Erbfolge im Gesellschafts- und Immobilienrecht bei Beteiligung von Minderjährigen, notar 2022, 351-358
- Anmerkung zu BGH, Beschl. v. 28.04.2022 – V ZB4/21 (Auch der Erwerb eines Miteigentumsanteils an einem vermieteten Grundstück durch einen Minderjährigen ist für den Minderjährigen nicht lediglich rechtlich vorteilhaft i. S. v. § 107 BGB), notar 2023, 125-127