Vice President of the Frankfurt/Main Bar Association (www.rechtsanwaltskammer-ffm.de)
Member of the working group for labor law of the German Lawyers Association (www.ag-arbeitsrecht.de)
Member of the committee for the renumeration of lawyers of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers (www.brak.de)
- Year of birth: 1956
- Studies: 1977-1982 in Bonn
- First bar exam: 1982
- Legal clerkship: 1983-1986 in Hamburg and traineeship at the law firm Pritchard Englefield&Tobin, London
- Second bar exam: 1986
- Doctorate: 1986 with a dissertation on the topic „The One-Man Formation of a Limited Liability Company“.
- Admission to the bar: 1987
- Specialist lawyer for labour law since 1994
- Appointment as notary: 2000
- Specialist lawyer for commercial and corporate law since 2006
Since joining the firm, I have been exclusively active in the extended area of civil law. The main focus of my activities is now primarily on labour and company law. In addition, I provide support in other matters of civil law (in particular sales and contract law, general contract law, legal fees law).
In labour law I represent clients in all corresponding areas and advise and represent both employers and employees.
In individual employment law, I assist in all arising issues, which may include the following:
- Before starting an employment relationship, I provide precautionary advice on the drafting of employment contracts.
- In the event of conflicts in current employment relationships (e.g. financial disputes, warnings, threats of termination), I advise on existing legal risks and suitable options for reaction, in the case of employees in particular with the aim of continuing employment relationships.
- Before and after the pronouncement of terminations, I advise and discuss appropriate options for action and reaction, as far as possible aiming at reasonable and amicable settlements.
- If necessary, I represent my clients before labour courts or right up to the Federal Labour Court. This applies in particular to representation in dismissal protection proceedings, with due regard to reasonable settlement options as well.
- I also advise and represent managing directors and other company representatives or corporate bodies on very similar issues, especially with regard to the specifics to be observed in comparison to employment relationships. In this respect my special knowledge of company law is of great advantage.
I am also active in the field of collective labour law.
- I advise employers and works councils on their rights and obligations in the course of operational cooperation, in particular on participation and co-determination rights of the works council.
- I represent business partners in negotiations on company agreements/social plans.
Another major focus of my legal practice is on corporate law.
- In this area, I advise clients on the formation and termination of partnerships (civil law associations, limited and general partnerships) as well as corporations (above all limited liability companies and stock corporations). I propose articles of association tailored to the individual case or advise on the amendment of unsuitable agreements.
- I frequently advise on issues relating to the amendment of existing articles of association, in particular by adapting them to current legal developments.
- I advise and represent shareholders as well as companies in disputes among shareholders.
- I frequently answer queries from managing directors and board members about their rights and obligations in their capacity as executive bodies of the company they represent, but also about their rights and obligations under their employment contracts.
In addition to these main areas of employment and corporate law, I represent clients in general civil and contract law. Due to my activities on the board of the Frankfurt/Main Bar Association (http://www.rechtsanwaltskammer-ffm.de) (in particular as chairman of the fee department B of the Frankfurt/Main Bar Association), but also due to my membership in the Committee on Lawyers‚ Remunerationof the Federal Bar Association, I have special knowledge of Lawyers‚ Remuneration Law. I also represent and advise clients on corresponding issues and represent them in disputes and lawsuits regarding lawyers‘ fee claims. As part of my work in the Fees Department B of the Bar Association, I regularly prepare expert opinions on the appropriateness of lawyer’s bills.
In the field of inheritance law I represent clients both as a notary and as a lawyer. I advise on all issues arising in connection with inheritance law and represent clients in corresponding disputes.
As notary I assist in the entire range of notarial activities, focusing on the following areas:
In accordance with my activities as a lawyer in corporate law, I also provide notarial services in this area. This concerns in particular
- Company formations (drafting, arrangement and, if necessary, notarization of the articles of association, registration of companies in commercial registers).
- Amendments to articles of association in all respects, including increases and decreases of capital.
- Conversions (in particular mergers, divisions and spin-offs, but also all other processes under transformation law.)
- Advice and notarial assistance in the sale of companies
- Notarization of general meetings
- Drafting, notarization and registration of company agreements
- Entries of all kinds in commercial registers
I regularly advise a number of companies of different sizes, including stock corporations, on all legal and notarial matters.
When it comes to tax or other legal issues outside my legal or notarial fields of activity, I also cooperate with other colleagues from our office or experienced tax consultants. If required, I will also arrange appropriate expert advice.
- Die Einmanngründung der GmbH, Bonn 1986